1. A $338 million Powerball jackpot winner, Pedro Quezada, said this week in New Jersey where he was revealed as the ticketholder that he is overwhelmed by his luck. He spoke through a translator because he's from which country originally?
C. Dominican Republic
2. Retired Army general David H. Petraeus, who ingloriously stepped down as CIA chief last fall as a scandal broke over marital infidelity, is said to be mounting a comeback. Where did he make a speech that was designed to establish himself as a speaking authority on energy, economic and veterans issues?
D. Southern Cal
3. New Secretary of State John Kerry is on his first diplomatic trip worldwide, and just Monday sidestepped a country in favor of an unannounced stop in Afghanistan, hoping to avoid the appearance of meddling in the country's political situation. Which country did he skip over?
4. The IRS has apologized for taping a 2010 training video that has been making the rounds on the Internet lately, presumably because its theme is a parody of what popular television show?
A. “Big Bang Theory”
B. “Star Trek”
C. “Stargate SG-1”
D. “Lost in Space”
5. North Carolina began issuing special driver's licenses to young immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally, but minus the controversial colored stripe that was to make the status more prominent upon presentation of the licenses. What color was the stripe to be in the original design?